October is the time when the nights start to draw In and mornings become light later. It is an exciting time of year which sees beautiful colour changes in nature, decorating for Halloween, and knowing that the holiday season is finally here,Here we share top tips on how to enjoy your new city during Ocrtober as A Student in kingston
- If you like most are looking forward to Halloween there are ways you can enjoy it without spending a fortune. For most the first thing they would like to buy is a pumpkin. Pumpkins are great because they cost no more than £2 in most supermarkets. The closest convenient stores of course are Poundland and Wilko which offer great student discounts for Halloween goodies. At Bright House and Green Coat house we also do fun packed halloween events! for Halloween 2021 we did a cross over event at green coat house to bring the residents of bright house and green coat together for a big halloween party! this years theme was Squid Game with a prize of Amazon Vouchers! check out the snaps we got from it!:
STAY ACTIVE AND EXPLORE THE CITY
- Getting out and about is a great way to feel settled into your new home. Get out and enjoy Kingston! It has many parks and open spaces which make it a perfect place to meet friends and stay active. There are lots of coffee shops, art galleries and places to sit outside. Getting out and about is a great way to release tension and stress from everyday life.
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FAMILY
- As a student it has been a long time coming to get away from home and have your own freedom but let’s not forget the people back home. It is very important to contact them and let them know how things are.
TALK TO MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN
- If you are not used to meeting new people, suddenly being in a new University or accommodation can be daunting but it is an opportunity to meet new people and talk. Bright House student accommodation is the perfect student hall because they have shared kitchens which is perfect for speaking and getting to know your fellow flat mates. Greencoat House will also be hosting an event on the 29th October in the Common Room. Przym is also a local nightclub which will be hosting a dedicated night to Halloween called “Halloween Carnival of the dead” 31st October . Halloween 2021 All these activities will help you feel less alone.
PLAN AHEAD AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK
- Let’s not underestimate the stress that can bring rushing towards a coursework deadline. Be proactive and give yourself small deadline targets in order to achieve the overall big deadline with ease. This will ensure less stress and give you more time to enjoy yourself.
ASK FOR HELP AND SUPPORT IF YOU NEED IT
- Moving to a new city and or university is a difficult task and with courses going online and less time in the classroom there may be times when you feel the need to ask for help. More often than not it is difficult to work out problems on your own whether it be not knowing how to complete your coursework or a personal problem. Please do not feel overwhelmed. Be honest and ask for extra support from your lecturers or speak to someone that may be able to help. This could be a friend, manager, a family member or anyone from University. It can make all the difference! There are also independent registered charities in Kingston affiliated to National Mind and part of Mind.
LOOK FOR JOBS
- Find time to sort your finances and look for possible sources of income to help support your studies and whilst living away from home.
- Linked In, Word of Mouth, Social Media sites such as Facebook, Websites such as Joblist, Indeed, Monster, Reed, Jobs go public, Jobsite. Shop windows also display when they are seeking staff also.
GIVE YOURSELF INCENTIVES AND REWARDS
- Nobody knows you better than you know yourself. Have a movie night in with friends and a home cooked meal of your choice. Treat yourself to something that makes you happy. It could be as small as your favourite Ice cream for example. Download your favourite book or track.
We hope that these top tips from Amro Vantage see you through Gost October with ease and watch our Instagram account for up and coming student nights! Wishing you
a fun and spooky Halloween filled with lots of yummy treats!