You’ve gone from living at home to living on your own here as a University Student in Winchester and now are wondering how to cook healthy, nutritious meals on a budget – especially as Black Friday had too many deals to resist.
Well it is easy to do, ensuring you are eating the right foods will ensure you have the energy and focus for your all important studying!
Breakfast – We all know that ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ this is because it sets you for the day; and helps with your concentration levels. Easy meal preps for breakfast ideas are below; this means even with late nights and early mornings you’ll be able to ‘grab and go’.
This is an easy and simple recipe that anyone can follow; no cook so no fuss. All you need is the below:
- 120 ml skimmed milk – you can use any milk including non-dairy alternatives
- Any toppings you prefer for last minute additions
- Place the oats (approx. 50g) in a bowl/jar/tupperware.
- Add the milk (approx. 120ml). The milk should be just covering the oats.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
Remove from the fridge and add your favourite toppings before serving our favourite is strawberries, blueberries and honey!
Another easy recipe which you can prep before hand and then re-heat and grab when needed.
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (omit to make vegetarian)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Olive oil or small amount of butter
- Muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and wipe a tiny bit of oil or butter in the muffin tin
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs along with salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients of choice and stir.
- Distribute mixture evenly among 6 cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set in middle.
- These can be stored for 3 days in the fridge; and try adding some spinach leaves, tender stem broccoli or slices of avocado for an ultra-healthy breakfast.
Here at Riverside Way and Cathedral Point you will be lucky enough to enjoy the grab and go breakfasts we held throughout the year! So be sure to come and treat yourself and enjoy the perks of living here as a University Student in Winchester.