You may have noticed it already but… today is UK hottest day on record!! With temperatures of up to 39C (102.2F) forecast in southern and eastern England.
The current record was 38.5C (101.3F) from August 2003.
Many of our students are on their summer breaks from various Universities and Colleges in and around Kingston. These include Kingston University, St Marys University, Kingston College, Birkbeck University, University of Roehampton and University of Arts London.
However, for those students still staying with us, we have a few tips for coping in hot weather whilst in our Student Accommodation in Kingston:
- Shut windows and pull-down blinds. You should open the windows for ventilation when it is cooler
- Stay out of the sun and do not go out between 11am – 3pm (the hottest part of the day)
- Keep rooms cool by using shades or reflective material outside of the windows.
- Have cool showers or baths and splash yourself with cool water
- Drink plenty of fluids water is the best but lower fat milks and tea and coffee are also good alternatives. Avoid sugary drinks!
- Wear loose, cool clothing and a hat and sunglasses if you go outdoors.
Please if you have concerns about an uncomfortably hot house that’s affecting your health or someone else’s, let the team in the halls of residence know and they will they will do everything they can to help you.